“Three Gateways Led to the Church”
The Landmark with a Long History
A Delightful Interior of the Church
Preserve the Heritage!
The executors of the project have meant to keep the highest metrological and visual standards. Therefore, in order to replicate truly a historic architecture of the church body and its interior featuring many precious movable items the most up to date technologies were applied. They comprise optic lasers for 3D scanning, aerial photogrammetry, giga and macro photography as well as augmented reality (AR). All this technical solutions were used with intentions of making the heritage accessible to the largest possible extent.
The completion of this project opens new possibilities for disseminating a knowledge about the church and its trove of culture. A resultant digital documentation has been made available for the purposes of education and research. It also helps to popularize the landmark in the public. An extra benefit of the digitization is a new way of targeting disabled people at all ages who would never visit the site in person.
The major aim of the project is increasing accessibility of a cultural heritage comprising the 14th century church by way of digitizing and virtualizing its body and interior containing pieces of sculpture, paintings and items of artisanship including works of black-smithery. The most up to date scanning and gauging technologies were used in the process. Combined with a mix of displaying tools based upon VR they have entailed an unhindered access to the landmark. The project has been supported financially by the Minister of Culture & National Heritage as well as The Marshall of the West Pommeranian Voivodship. The grants were awarded within the framework of the 2019 Contest “A Digital Culture”.Learn More of What We Do
Digitization of the Church at Iwiecino:
from April to September 2019
A 3D digitization of the church architecture and major movables one can find inside has been carried out successfully. All digital data received in this manner have been subsequently processed for the purpose of making them available interactively through a dedicated website or with any virtual reality headset.
- Laser scanners with the HDR function
- Drones equipped with 6K digital cameras, recording in the 6K CinemaDNG RAW standard
- Digital cameras with a resolution of 50Mpx
- Sliders and slingshots for generation of time lapses
- Four types of optic scanners
- A few types of the advanced software used for the data processing in the 3D format
- Specialty working stations for the 3D processing including a registration of large amounts of cloud points and rendering 3D models
- A model cloud of points for the church and its whereabouts
- A 3D digital model of the church
- Digital video clips and time lapses of 4K
- More than 70 3D models of artifacts
- Giga panoramas of a resolution of 1 billion pixels
- Macro-photography of a resolution of of 1 billion pixels
- A 3D stock taking of the entire church
- An interactive application for use with the VR lens
They Support Us Trusting Our Aims
Minister of Culture & National Heritage as well as The Marshall of the West Pommeranian Voivodship. The grants were awarded within the framework of the 2019 Contest “A Digital Culture”. The major aim of the project is disseminating a knowledge of this landmark in the whole community by way of digitizing and virtualizing its body and interior containing pieces of sculpture, paintings and items of artisanship including works of black-smithery. The most up to date technologies were utilized in the process.